COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines Released
Please note the following COVID-19 update for July 5, 2021:
The COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines were released today to support the full return to in-person education, research and on-campus services for B.C.’s post-secondary institutions.
COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines
The COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines (“the RTC Guidelines“) are aligned with BC’s Restart Plan, and reflect a transition away from prescriptive COVID-specific orders and protocols, back to pre-pandemic occupational health and safety protocols and guidance.
- The RTC Guidelines were developed by a team of experts from B.C.’s post-secondary sector in partnership with representatives from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, regional health authorities, the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training. The RTC Guidelines are hosted here.
- They are effective immediately and replace the COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Sector (June 2021) and the interim Return-to-Campus Primer (April 2021).
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
Private Training Institutions Branch
Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training