Please note the following COVID-19 update for June 30, 2021:
Step 3 of BC’s Restart Plan Commencement Date and Additional Province-wide Updates – updated as of June 29, 2021
· The Province has BC’s Restart Plan will commence on July 1, 2021.that Step 3 of
· The provincial state of emergency for COVID-19 pandemic response will be lifted and orders will begin to be rescinded after July 1.
- Wearing a mask in an indoor public space will be recommended, but not mandatory, for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- For gatherings:
- Return to normal for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings.
- Indoor organized gatherings of 50 people or 50% capacity of venue capacity, whichever is greater.
- Outdoor organized gatherings of 5,000 people or 50% capacity of venue capacity, whichever is greater.
- No capacity limits or restrictions on religious gatherings and worship services.
- For sports and exercise:
- All indoor fitness classes allowed, normal capacity.
- Gyms and recreation facilities, normal capacity.
- Indoor spectators of 50 people or 50% capacity of venue capacity, whichever is greater.
- Outdoor spectators of 5,000 people or 50% capacity of venue capacity, whichever is greater.
- Employers must follow WorkSafeBC’s communicable disease prevention guidance.
- There will be no group limits for indoor and outdoor dining however, no socializing between tables will be allowed.
Note: The Ministry expects the Return-to-Campus Guidelines will be available for PSIs during the week of July 5th to 9th.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- High-level public health guidance on the September 2021 return to campus is available in the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Primer hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
Private Training Institutions Branch
Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training