Skin Sciences offers clear, up-to-date content on every aspect of the skin. Chapter 10, “Physiology and Histology of the Skin,” includes skin anatomy and skin function; Chapter 11, ‘Disorders and Diseases of the Skin,” explores the many maladies of the skin including acne, sensitive skin, and the danger of sun exposure. Chapter 12, “Skin Analysis “addresses skin types and conditions, stressing the necessity of a thorough client consultation. The foundation on which almost every retail sale is built is covered in Chapter 13, “Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients, and Selection.”
Upon completion of this course the successful student will able to:
- Explain the functions of the skin.
- Describe the layers of the skin.
- Describe how skin gets its color.
- Define collagen and elasticity.
- Name the glands of the skin.
- Discuss how sun damage affects skin.
- Understand free radical damage.
- Understand the effects of hormones on the skin.
- Explain how the skin ages.
- Lectures 38
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 150 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English,French,Chinese....
- Students 22
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
and 2 students enrolled.