COVID-19 Update – December 8, 20201 – Vancouver Coastal Health Data Shows Low COVID-19 Rates at PSIs
Please note the following COVID-19 update for December 8, 2021:
Information Bulletin from Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) shows low COVID-19 rates at PSIs in the VCH region:
- Data collected by VCH shows that post-secondary institutions in the VCH region have seen low rates of COVID-19 transmission with the fall return to campus.
- Since September 7, 2021, there have been fewer that five transmissions detected in post-secondary learning settings, and 219 cases overall among students and staff (see attached and chart below).
- Consistent with international literature and VCH data from other sectors, transmission within learning settings has been low.
- VCH Medical Health Officers believe the low case rates are thanks to high vaccination rates and robust communicable disease prevention plans at post-secondary institutions.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.