COVID-19 Update – November 26, 2021 – International Students: Adjustments to Canada’s Border and Travel Measures
Please note the following COVID-19 updates for November 26, 2021:
International Students: Adjustments to Canada’s Border and Travel Measures
The Government of Canada announced that they will be adjusting the entry requirements for travellers.
- Effective November 30, 2021, Canada will expand its list of accepted COVID-19 vaccines for the purposes of entry into Canada, and introduce exemptions from some testing and quarantine requirements.
- As of January 15, 2022, international students (18 years or older), will only be allowed to enter the country if they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved for entry into Canada.
- Fully vaccinated students will be allowed to attend any provincially or territorially designated learning institution in Canada.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.