COVID-19 Update – March 10, 2021 – Return to On-Campus Teaching, Learning and Research in September 2021
September 2021 Return to Public Post-Secondary Campuses:
- On Monday March 8, 2021 the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), Dr. Bonnie Henry, advised the presidents of all public post-secondary institutions to prepare for a full return to on-campus teaching, learning and research in September 2021.
- The Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Training also released a statement encouraging students and families to start planning for in-person instruction this Fall.
- The PHO will work in partnership with sector health and safety experts, WorkSafeBC, partners and stakeholders to update the post-secondary COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines to support the safe and complete resumption of on-campus activities.
- The updated Go-Forward Guidelines will be made available to support institutions as they work with their local medical health officers and WorkSafeBC to develop more detailed campus-level safety plans for the Fall.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.