Particular attention for PSIs in the Northern Health Authority area: COVID-19 Update Oct 15/21
Please note the following COVID-19 update for October 15, 2021:
Hospital and Community (Health Care and Other Services) COVID-19 Vaccination Status Information and Preventive Measures Order:
The Provincial Health Officer released a new order, on October 14, 2021, for Health Care and other Providers.
- All health care providers, employees and staff (broadly defined) working in a public health care setting must provide proof of vaccination or exemption by October, 26, 2021.
- Students, faculty members, researchers or staff members of a post-secondary institution who are in a care location for training or research purposes must provide proof of vaccination.
- A student must report their vaccination status to the HSPnet database and provide an operator with proof of vaccination, or an exemption upon request of operator.
- This order does not have an expiry date.
Region-Specific Gathering and Events COVID-19 Order for Northern Health Authority:
New public health measures were introduced on October 15, 2021 in the Northern Health Region with the exception of Local Health areas west of Kitiwanga: Terrace, Kitimat, Haida Gwaii, Prince Rupert, Stikine, Telegraph, Snow Country and Nisga’a).
- Personal gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, are restricted to fully vaccinated people, including at private residences and vacation accommodation.
- All indoor (limit 50 people) and outdoor (limit 100 people) organized events require a safety plan, attendees to wear a mask and present their BC Vaccine Card.
- Sporting event spectators are limited to 50% capacity, must have a safety plan, and require attendees to wear masks and present their BC Vaccine Card showing full vaccination.
- The measures are region-specific and effective as of 12:01 am on October 15, 2021 and remain in effect until Friday, November 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- This order DOES NOT APPLY TO STUDENTS, TEACHERS OR INSTRUCTORS at a school, or a post-secondary educational institution WHEN ENGAGED IN EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.