Please note the following COVID-19 updates for January 19, 2022:
PHO Orders Extended:
· There are no expiration dates for these Orders.
· Gyms and fitness centres to begin gradual reopening with capacity limits on January 20, 2022.
· Bars and nightclubs that do not have full meal services continue to be closed until further notice.
· These orders will be reviewed by the PHO by February 16, 2022.
K-12 School Staff Member Vaccination Status Reporting:
On January 17, 2022 B.C.’s PHO released the School Staff Member Vaccination Status Reporting Order to enable local Medical Health Officers to better assess local circumstances with respect to the risk of transmission of communicable diseases in school settings.
· A board of education, independent school authority and francophone education authority must request proof of vaccination from each staff member and must keep a record of each staff member’s vaccination status.
· This order does not apply to post-secondary students or instructors participating in K-12 practicums.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.