A new edition of the COVID–19 Go-Forward Guidelines was released today to help post-secondary institutions operate safely while minimizing the risks associated with COVID–19. It is available on the website for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training.
Since the last update in October, the panel of senior educational, administrative, and occupational health and safety experts from the public post-secondary sector worked in conjunction with the Office of the Provincial Health Officer on new content as well as updates to a few existing sections.
The new content concerns contact tracing and notification protocols for COVID–19 cases. Additionally, resources and guidance have been updated for:
- Campus safety plans – accessibility considerations
- Understanding the risk – updated information on transmission
- Accessing the Campus Safely – daily health checks and new resource link
- Athletics – link to PHO province-wide restrictions
- Housing – new link to PHO restrictions on social gatherings
- International students – updated federal requirements and new resource link
- Safety – PHO mask requirements and new resource link
- Spiritual and religious communities – new link to PHO province-wide restrictions
- Student practicums – new resource link
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID–19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
NOTE: You may need to clear your computer cache to access the updated version (i.e. click CTRL+SHIFT+R). Also, some links may not work properly with the Google Chrome browser. While we work to resolve this issue, consider using an alternate browser.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID–19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID–19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.