COVID-19 Update – April 26, 2022 – Shift to BCCDC Provincial Post-Secondary Public Health Guidance
Please note the following COVID-19 update for April 26, 2022:
Shift to Provincial Post-Secondary Public Health Guidance from the BCCDC:
B.C.’s post secondary institutions have successfully returned to campuses. The COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines (RTCG), along with PSI’s communicable disease plans, have supported the safe and complete resumption of on-campus teaching, learning and research for the Province’s post-secondary institutions. With a successful return completed, the RTCG will be retired.
- The BCCDC’s Post-Secondary Public Health Guidance document, however will continue to provide public health specific guidance for post-secondary institutions.
- The focus remains on continued safety on campuses including:
- Information on the importance of vaccinations and boosters.
- Personal measures to reduce transmission and manage COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
- Testing, isolation and treatment options and available resources at the BCCDC website.
- Updates will be made based on public health recommendations.
- The Ministry continues to work in partnership with institutions, the BCCDC, the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, regional health authorities and experts from BC’s post-secondary sector to support the continued delivery of on-campus instruction.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.