Please note the following COVID-19 update for February 3, 2021:
Clarification on daily COVID-19 health check requirement
Post-secondary institutions are required by WorkSafeBC to ensure that faculty and staff perform a daily COVID-19 health check before accessing campus.
- Health checks are mandatory self-assessments that include confirmation with their employer, in written or verbal format, that they have reviewed the complete list of entry requirements included on WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Entry Check poster and that none of the prohibited criteria apply to them.
- Employers can use a number of methods that best suit their operations to confirm that the self-assessment has taken place, including a verbal check in (in-person, virtually or by phone) or email.
- Institutions are encouraged to post the Entry Check poster at all entrances.
- Questions about daily COVID-19 health screening requirements should be directed to WorkSafeBC.
Anyone who is feeling ill or has had potential exposure to COVID-19 should stay home and get tested in accordance with the Provincial Health Officer guidance.
- The BC COVID-19 Self-assessment Tool can help determine whether further assessment or testing for COVID-19 is required. The Ministry of Health advises that the tool is not to be used to determine suitability to attend/return to work or school.
- The COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-Secondary Sector will be updated to align with this direction.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are hosted on the Ministry’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.