You May Like
You May Like
This program has been submitted to the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training,
and it does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB).
The Hair Removal Program provides knowledge to prepare students for a career in the Beauty and Spa industry. On completion of the Hair Removal Program, graduates will be able work as an Esthetician/ Beauty Therapist assistant, Hair Removal specialist.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
1. Understand hair removal techniques like wax, depilatory cream, and tweezing. Such techniques may be used on the face, arms, legs, back, underarm, and bikini areas.
2. Perform a variety of hair removal treatments following correct Perform a variety of specialized hair removal treatments following correct procedures and precautions and supporting client needs.
3. Use a range of specialized equipment and products, in compliance with established national, provincial, industry, and other related standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
1. One valid government issued picture ID;
2. High school diploma or equivalent or above 19 years old or below 19 years old
must have parental permission;
3. For students who choose to take classes in English, they should get high school
English 10 or IELTS 5.0 ; For students who choose to take classes in Mandarin or
Cantonese, their first language should be Mandarin or Cantonese and also pass East
West College English entrance exam above 70%; For students who are taking Chinese
class, but are not Chinese native speakers, they should get high school English 10 or
IELTS 5.0 or pass entrance English exam above 70%, and pass Chinese Proficiency
Test (HSK) Level 2.
All hand on learning application of skills will be held in the school salon. Students will have the opportunity to complete hand on learning hours in the school salon during their 100 hours program
Please find below the titles of the courses in this program, displayed in the order of delivery and hours of instruction allotted of each course. The Hand on learning component will be completed on clients for assessment purposes.
Hair removal（5-104） Removing unwanted hair is a primary concern for many clients, and being able to advise them on the various types of hair removal services will enhance your professionalism.
Estheticians should study and have a thorough understanding of advanced topics and treatments so they can better serve their clients while increasing their service revenues and menus. Advanced treatments have expanded the esthetician's repertoire to include more results-driven services such as chemical exfoliation and microdermabrasion.