This program is Class A, and it has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
East West College Comprehensive Aesthetics Therapist Diploma Program
provides knowledge and skills to prepare students for seeking a career in the Spa
industry. Curriculum and instruction are designed to ensure that graduates are able
to succeed in the Spa industry or other related fields.
32 weeks without break: 800 hours
1. One valid government issued ID.
2. High School graduation certificate, or equivalent, or above 19 years old, or below 19 years old with parents‘ permission.
3. For students who choose to take classes in English, they should get high school English 10 or IELTS 5.0 or pass entrance English exam above 70%; For students who choose to take classes in Mandarin or Cantonese, their first language should be Mandarin or Cantonese and also pass East West College English entrance exam above 70%. For students who are taking Chinese version class, but are not Chinese native speakers, they should get high school English 10 or IELTS 5.0 or pass entrance English exam above 70%, and pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 2.
-Describe the skin and identify it’s functions, structure and effects of external factors.
-List the types of disinfectants and how they are used. Describe how to safely clean and
disinfect salon and spa tools and implements
-Define and explain why the study of anatomy, physiology, and histology is important to
-Define chemistry and its branches: organic and inorganic chemistry.
-Understand how acid, alkaline, and PH affect the skin.
-Describe the types of electrotherapy and their uses.
-Understand vitamins and minerals and their benefits. Explain how nutrition relates to
healthy skin. Discuss the benefits of proper nutrition.
-Explain the functions of the skin. Describe the layers of the skin and how skin gets its
color. Understand free radical damage and the effects of hormones on the skin.
-Understand the different types of skin lesions, gland disorders, skin inflammations.
Recognize pigmentation disorders, potential skin cancer growths, acne and the causes of
the disorder, different grades of acne. Know which disorders to refer to a physician.
-Identify skin types, skin conditions. Explain the causes of skin conditions. Fill out skin
-Understand product formulations for different skin types. Recommend home-care for
different skin types and conditions.
-Understand the treatment needs for dry, dehydrated, mature, sensitive, and oily skin.
-Understand the contraindications for massage.
-List the habits of a good salon player. List several ways you can benefit from good role
models. Understand the importance of continuing your education.
-describe all factors associated with effective business techniques, planning and
-Explain the purpose of marketing and promotions, and the importance of understanding
client value in selling products and services.
- Application Fee
Domestic Students: Application processing CAN$249 (non refundable)
International Students: Application processing CAN$900, Assessment Fee CAN$249(non refundable)
- Tuition Fee:
Domestic Students: CAN$6,800
International students: CAN$11,900
The payment of $2000 tuition plus $249 registration fee is due at the time of signing this contract. The remaining balance of tuition fees will be due in one month after the start of the term.
Installments Payment option: $2000 first month, payment $1200 per month installments from 2nd. to 5th. month.
- Administrative Fee Domestic Students: CAN$200 International students: CAN$400
- Materials Fee:
Text Book and Exam review book CAN$400
Course Materials student kit Fee CAN$2,200 (optional for demestic students, mandatory for international students)
- Diploma Fee:CAN$100
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 800 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes