This program is Class B, it has been submitted to the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training, and we are waiting for approval.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
1. Describe the skin and identify it’s functions, structure and effects of external factors.
2. List the types of disinfectants and how they are sued. Describe how to safely clean and disinfect salon and spa tools and implements.
3. Explain the functions of the skin. Describe the layers of the skin and how skin gets its color. Understand free radical damage and the effects of hormones on the skin.
4. Understand the different types of skin lesions, gland disorders, skin inflammations. Recognize pigmentation disorders, potential skin cancer growths, acne and the causes of the disorder, different grades of acne. Know which disorders to refer to a physician.
5. Identify skin types, skin conditions. Explain the causes of skin conditions. Fill out skin analysis charts.
6. Understand product formulations for different skin types. Recommend home-care for different skin types and conditions.
7. Understand the treatment needs for dry, dehydrated, mature, sensitive, and oily skin.
1. One valid government issued picture ID;
2. High school diploma or equivalent or above 19 years old or below 19 years old
must have parental permission;
3. For students who choose to take classes in English, they should get high school
English 10 or IELTS 5.0 ; For students who choose to take classes in Mandarin or
Cantonese, their first language should be Mandarin or Cantonese and also pass East
West College English entrance exam above 70%; For students who are taking Chinese
class, but are not Chinese native speakers, they should get high school English 10 or
IELTS 5.0 or pass entrance English exam above 70%, and pass Chinese Proficiency
Test (HSK) Level 2.
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 13
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes