Communicable disease plan requirements – updated as of June 17, 2021
Dr. Henry advised on June 17, 2021 that institutions will be required to transition COVID-19 specific safety plans intoto reduce the risk of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
- WorkSafeBC and public health experts are developing a guide that will assist employers in developing their communicable disease plans.
Revisions to the PHO Events and Gatherings Order – updated as of June 22, 2021
- Organized gatherings
- Indoor seated organized gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed with a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Outdoor organized gatherings up to 50 people are allowed with a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Sports and exercise
- Indoor high and low intensity group exercise is allowed with reduced capacity.
- Indoor and outdoor games and practices for both adults and youth group/team sports are allowed.
- Spectators at any indoor sport activities are not allowed. Outdoor spectators of up to 50 people are allowed.
- For high performance athletes there is no limit on the number of persons who may participate in a sports event.
- High-level public health guidance on the September 2021 return to campus is available in the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Primer hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.