COVID-19 Update – September 8, 2021 – Launch of the BC Vaccine Card
Please note the following COVID-19 update for September 8, 2021:
Proof of Vaccination:
BC Vaccine Card
- The new BC Vaccine Card was launched on September 7, 2021 and will allow vaccinated people to show their proof of vaccination at higher-risk social and recreational events, and settings when new COVID-19 vaccine requirement rules take effect on September 13, 2021.
- Students living in on-campus student housing at B.C.’s post-secondary institutions will require:
- Partial vaccination (one dose) by September 7, 2021; and,
- Full vaccination (two doses) by October 24, 2021.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to attend in-person classes, seminars or tutorials, or to access on-campus cafeterias.
Verifying BC Proof of Vaccination
- Starting September 13, 2021 some on-campus events, services and businesses will be required to check a person’s proof of vaccination for access to their venue or space.
- Information on how to verify proof of vaccination, including how to download the verifier app for the BC Vaccine Card, is available online.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.