Proof of Vaccination for B.C. Public Service Employees:
The B.C. government is making it mandatory for B.C. public service employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 22, 2021.
- Proof of vaccination using the BC Vaccine Card will be required.
- Questions and answers on the new proof of vaccination policy are available online.
COVID-19 vaccination policies at post-secondary institutions:
- A mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy is an option available to post-secondary employers for their employees.
- If an institution choses to introduce a vaccine mandate for their employees, they must undertake their own due diligence and consult with public health.
- BC’s post-secondary institutions have infection prevention measures in place to reduce the risk of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
- Protecting the health and well-being of students, faculty, staff and campus visitors remains the top priority.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.