COVID-19 Update – October 25, 2021 – BCCDC Modelling of Asymptomatic Testing + Revised Contact Tracing / Notification Protocols
Please note the following COVID-19 updates for October 25, 2021:
COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines Update:
- An updated version of the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines (“the RTC Guidelines”) was released today to reflect evolving public health guidance.
The October 25, 2021 version includes:
- Updated BCCDC Return to Campus Public Health Guidance (Attachment 2 of the Guidelines) including:
· BCCDC modelling that the benefit of routine asymptomatic testing diminishes as immunization rates increase; and,
· Revised contact tracing and notification protocols.
- Updated program specific vaccination status considerations for individuals in health care locations for training or research purposes.
- The RTC Guidelines will continue to be updated periodically, as necessary, to align with evolving guidance.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
· COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
· Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
· If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
· WorksafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.