Please note the following COVID-19 update:
The COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Primer has been released to help B.C.’s post-secondary institutions plan for a full return to on-campus teaching, learning and research in September 2021.
1. COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Primer
The Return-to-Campus Primer outlines key public health planning assumptions and safety measures to help institutions prepare for a September 2021 return to campus. The planning assumptions and guidance have been informed by a continued commitment to protecting the health, safety and well-being of campus communities, while remaining mindful of the importance of adaptability as conditions change.
· The Primer was developed by a team of experts from the public post-secondary sector in partnership with representatives from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control, regional health authorities and the Ministry. The Primer is hosted here.
· The COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are currently being revised to reflect the infection prevention and control measures appropriate for COVID-19 conditions in the fall, and will be released in the coming weeks.
2. Post-Secondary Sector Virtual Town Hall Meeting
A province-wide virtual town hall meeting for the post-secondary sector is being scheduled for mid-May 2021 to discuss the fall planning assumptions.
· Invited participants for the 1st town hall meeting will include Provincial Health Officer representatives, senior administration from public post-secondary institutions, as well as local and provincial post-secondary labour union presidents.
· The virtual event will be hosted by Thompson Rivers University. Details of the town hall will be released in early May 2021.
· Additional opportunities to engage with Provincial Health Officer representatives will be scheduled in the coming weeks.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.