COVID-19 Update – March 11, 2022 – Changes to COVID-19 Restrictions
Please note the following COVID-19 updates for March 11, 2022:
On March 10, 2022, the Provincial Health Officer announced changes to public health orders:
Lifting of BC’s indoor face coverings order
- Given the high rate of vaccination in British Columbia, effective March 11, 2022, public health no longer requires face coverings in indoor public settings.
- Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to be respectful of individual choices concerning masks based on each person’s comfort.
- Indoor common area mask requirements for employees as part of the Workplace Safety Order are no longer required.
Removal of proof of vaccination requirements
- Effective April 8, 2022, proof of vaccination will no longer be required:
- To access events and services; and,
- For post-secondary student housing.
NOTE: Public health measures and restrictions may be reintroduced depending on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- WorkSafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.