Please note the following COVID-19 updates for January 25, 2022:
Post-secondary Rapid Test Kit Strategy
A total of 500,000 rapid tests will be distributed directly to post-secondary institutions from the Provincial Health Services Authority, based on allocation priorities outlined in the COVID-19 Rapid Testing Guidance for Post-secondary Institutions available on the BCCDC website.
· The tests are a self-management tool intended to support the continuity of on-campus learning, instruction and research.
· Asymptomatic screening of employees and students is not recommended by public health and tests distributed to postsecondary institutions from the provincial supply are not to be used for asymptomatic screening programs.
· The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training will be reaching out directly to eligible institutions to confirm test kit allocations and distribution logistics based on the priorities identified in the BCCDC guidance.
Updated BCCDC Return to Campus Public Health Guidance
Earlier today the BCCDC updated their public health guidance for post-secondary institutions to support in-person learning for the winter academic term.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- WorkSafeBC guidance is available on communicable disease prevention plans.