COVID-19 Update – February 18, 2022 – Changes to PHO orders – PSI Student Housing & Gathering & Events
Please note the following COVID-19 updates for February 18, 2022:
Post-secondary Institution Housing COVID-19 Preventive Measures Order Update:
On February 18, 2022, the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) has extended the Post-Secondary Housing COVID-19 Preventive Measures Order to expire June 30, 2022.
· Students living in residence must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination. If they are not vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination, they must wear a face covering which covers the resident’s nose and mouth when in any area of post-secondary housing, other than the resident’s room.
· The extension of this order continues to help reduce transmission in these higher risk settings while allowing post-secondary students to enjoy the social aspects of on-campus housing.
Gatherings and Events Order Update:
The Provincial Health Officer (PHO) updated the Gatherings and Events Order on February 16, 2022. The changes include the following:
- Restrictions on activities such as exercise, fitness and dance have been removed and adult sports tournaments now permitted.
- Proof of vaccination and mask wearing requirements have been retained.
· Post-secondary institution graduation ceremonies and related events are excluded from proof of vaccination checking.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.