Please note the following COVID-19 updates for April 23, 2021:
- New Travel Restrictions
- New provincial travel order effective April 23, 2021
A new order will expand existingto ensure that British Columbians stay within their local areas and reduce non-essential travel.
o Travel restrictions to stop non-essential travel between geographic regions in B.C. will be in effect until May 25, 2021.
o All non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel for vacation and recreation purposes.
§ Essential travel includes travel for post-secondary education and training.
- Travel to attend classes or receive training through a post-secondary institution, including participating in practical learning activities such as fieldwork, practicums and clinical placements, is not subject the travel restrictions as part of a broad exemption for post-secondary education and training.
- Government of Canada effective April 22, 2021 for 30 days
oincluding , are available to B.C. post-secondary international students who are affected by the new federal flight restrictions between India, Pakistan and Canada.
o B.C. will continue to monitor changes to federal travel restrictions and communicate with institutions to ensure BC is responding to all new federal requirements.
- Extension of PHO Province-Wide Restrictions
The existing province-wide restrictions have been extended until midnight May 25, 2021 to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.