General Sciences includes important information that you need to know to keep you and your clients safe and healthy. Chapter 5, “Infection Control: Principles and Practices,” offers the most current, vital facts about cleaning and disinfection procedures, hepatitis, HIV, and other infectious viruses and bacteria and tells how to prevent them from being transmitted. Chapters 6 through 8—“General Anatomy and Physiology,”, “Basics of Chemistry,” and “Basics of Electricity”—provide essential information that will help guide your work with clients and enable you to make decisions about treatments. Chapter 9, “Basics of Nutrition” is the final chapter in Part 2. This chapter is vital for estheticians who seek to understand the effects of nutrition on the skin. Chapter 9 cover nutrients, vitamins, and minerals both as used topically and as taken internally.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will able to:
- Understand state laws and rules and the differences between them.
- List the types and classifications of bacteria.
- Define hepatitis and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and explain how they are transmitted.
- Explain the differences between cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing.
- List the types of disinfectants and how they are used.
- Discuss Universal and Standard Precautions.
- List your responsibilities as a salon professional.
- Describe how to safely clean and disinfect salon and spa tools and implements.
- Lectures 21
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 125 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English,French,Chinese....
- Students 32
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
and 10 students enrolled.